Steven Skelton lives in Toronto, Canada and has a Bachelor of Mathematics from the University of Waterloo in Waterloo, Canada. After graduating he was a consultant to large asset management companies in Canada, specializing in systems integration, account and trading calculations, and automation of workflows.
Today, as Principal Software Engineer at a global digital consulting company, he is working on web services powering a large ecommerce platform.
- 17 years in Internet software: 6 financial services, 8 e-commerce.
- Best tools for the platform: Scala, C# .Net, and Dart Flutter,
- Reactive: event-driven infrastructure and coding paradigms,
- Cloud Architect: N-Tier, SOA, REST, API design, sidecar, CAP, layer abstraction.
- R&D specialist: benefit analysis, feasibility, integration strategies, initial adoption timelines.
- Data expert: algorithms, caching, full-text search, serialization, optimization.
- Security: audits, SSO, OAuth, SAML, dual-hop impersonation, encryption, signed tokens.