Steven Skelton lives in Toronto, Canada and has a Bachelor of Mathematics from the University of Waterloo in Waterloo, Canada. After graduating he was a consultant to large asset management companies in Canada, specializing in systems integration, account and trading calculations, and automation of workflows.
Today, as Principal Software Engineer at a global digital consulting company, he is working on web services powering a large ecommerce platform.
- Experience: 16 total; 6 years financial services, 8 years e-commerce.
- Communication: technology evangelist, ways of working, project direction.
- Proactive: architectural runway, enterprise best practices, industry awareness.
- Cloud: scaling, resilient, secure, CAP and 95th percentile.
- R&D: benefit analysis, feasibility, integration strategies, adoption timelines.
- Data: algorithms, caching, serialization, read-write asymmetry, low latency streams.
- Security: audits, SSO, OAuth, SAML, impersonation, encryption.